The following are notes from Fairhaven’s virtual meeting on Sunday, May 24. May it be a guiding light for you this week.
Call to Worship from Christine Bailey
- “For if you want to save your own life, you will lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you will save it.” Jesus is recorded as saying about the same thing in all four Gospels. Matthew 10:39 and 16:25, Mark 8:35, Luke 9:24 and John 12:25.
- Are there things in your life that God is calling you to let go of/stop trying to hold on to or save?
- There are things in this world that we can hold on to that can keep us from moving forward.
- We may not always know what the results of obedience in letting go of certain things may be. It is a leap of faith.
Sermon from Bill Case
- Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
- Faith is necessary to please God. Faith is a response to the nature of God.
- Miracles are not good proof for people to believe in God. Jesus did not want people to believe in Him on account of what they saw him do.
- Faith reveals God’s presence.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
- Faith releases God’s power.
- Isaiah 26:3 God will keep you in perfect peace because your mind is stayed on Him.